RHODE ISLAND CONDO
CONFERENCE AND EXPO
A program for condominium homeowners, board members and professional managers.
*Approved for 5 points for CMCA continuing education.
Wednesday, April 8, 2020 - POSTPONED
BY April 1, 2020
CAI Members $75 Non-Members $135
AFTER April 1, 2020
CAI Members $95 Non-Members $155
8:00 am – 9:00 am Registration & Continental Breakfast
9:00 am – 10:30 am The Community Association Risk Management Symphony
- Frederick Casavant, Esq., Mirrione, Shaughnessy & Uitti, LLC
- Tom Shields, CLCS, Brown & Brown Insurance
- Sheila Spellman, AMS, First Realty Management Corp., AMO
- Jeffrey Winnick, Swerling Milton Winnick Public Insurance Adjusters
Insurance deductibles, association bylaws and claims procedures are all integral components to an effective risk management strategy. Understand the role of all party’s involved and how insurance works in conjunction with bylaws and community living. Learn how to best protect the association and what happens when loss occurs.
10:30 am -10:45 am Break
10:45 am – 12:15 pm The Boards Role & Responsibility in Maintaining Aging Infrastructures
- Janet Aronson, Esq. & John Shaffer, Esq., Marcus, Errico, Emmer & Brooks, P.C.
- David Barrett, CMCA, AMS, PCAM, RCM Services
- Pam Bowman, EBP, CMCA, Prime Touch Services, Inc.
A practical and strategic approach to undertaking and administering a major repair/replacement project. From identifying, funding and overseeing projects to understanding board authority, contract essentials and owner communications.
12:15 pm – 1:00 pm Lunch
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm Overview of Rhode Island Condominium Act
- Mary-Joy Howes, Esq., Goodman, Shapiro & Lombardi, LLC
- Frank A. Lombardi, Esq., Goodman, Shapiro & Lombardi, LLC
- Attorneys will discuss a number of legal issues including covenant enforcement, assessment collection, case and statutory law update and other hot topics.